Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Posed candid vs. Traditional."















As you must know, I am not a "traditional" photographer. It took me quite a while to decide what style I preferred. I love "reportage" or "photojournalistic" capturing the day as it unfolds, catching those moments you dont know Im taking the photo! Those are the best of course. But everyone wants the group shots,that you can frame and display proudly.


Every wedding is different, for each one, I try to take each couples personality and work something into the photos. A lot of people will request the infamous "jumping" photo. Some people will request the "circle" photo. (I lay on the floor, and a group of people make a circle around me.)
Now, what is a "posed candid?" Its the "traditional style" portraiture, but with a unique twist. For example-the photo to the left, the girls are all standing together, but they are laughing and have a great time.



My personal favorite time of the day is the "formal shots" hour. (Hour is a term I use loosly since some weddings we have only had 10 minutes for formals!)
I always have a great time with the bridal party, I have a variety of "material" I use to get people cracking up and relaxed and thats where the best pictures come out.
When some people think of wedding photography, most "picture" an older man, with a film camera on a tripod and having the bride and groom smile softy as they touch hand over hand showing their rings. NOT HERE!
I want you to JUMP, to LAUGH and to have natural, fun portraits on your wedding day that will be classy, fun and contemporary, yet be classic to show your great grandchildren.








Photobucket (The Circle Photos) Choose between a "toast" or without.
Photobucket

"Getting Ready." This is not a posed picture, the girls were helping the bride fix her dress.
Photobucket









Engagement sesson. "Just kiss and act like Im not here."

Photobucket
This group was a little excited, they felt the need to jump, in their kilts. And the one towards the end, he was wearing under-roos, it was a special surprise for the groom.
Photobucket
"ewww! kissy kissy!" "Candid posed"
Photobucket


"The relaxed beach wedding party." I love this photo, everyone looks relaxed, and its a good "frame worthy" portrait.






Photobucket (Above) The bridal party, I was mixing up the traditional posing

"Reportage" This photo (below) was just a moment the bride, her new husband and the brides mother were sharing. I will use a lens with longer zoom, so I am able to stay far away and capture those amazing moments, without you knowing it! I will be your own personal paparazzi!
Photobucket
This photo (below) was after the ceremony. Everyone was stressed and running around all day. I took the bride and groom out on the dock to have a moment of peace together. I told them to hold hands, walk slow and just talk to eachother. They got a chance to relax, and get a lot of beautiful portraits in the water.
Photobucket
(Photo below) "Girls will be girls." A more traditional photo, but with a more relaxed feeling.
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Above photo) Before the ceremony, the bride was taking a moment to herself.
Photobucket
Bridal Shower.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I of course, do a lot of posed photos with groups (extended family, etc)

Photobucket
Cake cutting and of course all other formalities. I never make people pose, I just capture it all as it happens!

Photobucket
(Above) The groom and the men on his side of the family! I often use a special lens called a Fish eye lens. Its gives a pretty cool effect and makes your photos unique!

Photobucket
(Above) Just a great moment captured of the groomsmen watching their friend get married.































































No comments:

Post a Comment